Who doesn’t love cake?
And who doesn’t love simple cakes that are easy to make?
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a simple cake that is delicious and perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re a mom looking for a quick and easy dessert for your kids or a senior citizen looking for a tasty treat, this cake will fit the bill.
So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to Make Simple Cake: Ingredients Needed
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Softened butter
- Pure vanilla extract
How to Make a Simple Cake Step by Step:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 cup of milk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
5. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a serving plate to cool completely.
7. Serve with your favorite frosting or just as it is with some ice cream or whipped cream!
How to Make the perfect cake: 7 Rules
1. Always grease the pan and line it with parchment paper to ensure an easy release.
2. Preheat your oven to the temperature indicated in your recipe, usually 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
3. Measure all of your ingredients accurately and mix together the wet and dry ingredients separately before combining them.
4. Bake in the center of the oven
5. Bake in the size of the pan specified
6. Use fresh ingredients and make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature.
7. Don’t try to double the recipe
What type of pan should I use for baking a simple cake?
You can use any type of cake pan that is 9 inches in diameter. However, if you prefer a taller and fluffier cake, opt for a springform pan or bundt pan.
Is it necessary to sift the dry ingredients before baking a cake?
No, it is not necessary to sift the dry ingredients. However, they should be mixed together thoroughly in order to incorporate them evenly into the batter.
Can this recipe be doubled or tripled?
It is not recommended that you double or triple this recipe as it may result in a dry and dense cake. For larger cakes, it is best to create a new recipe that is designed for the desired quantity.
What makes a cake fluffy?
The leavening agents in the recipe, such as baking powder or baking soda, help create air pockets in the batter which then expand in the oven and make the cake light and fluffy.
What makes a cake moist?
The moisture in a cake comes from the fat and liquid ingredients. Adding more butter or oil to the recipe will make the cake moister while using less sugar can also help keep it from drying out.
Do I need any special equipment to make a simple cake?
Not necessarily. You will need measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, a whisk or electric mixer, and a cake pan. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can mix the batter by hand with a whisk or a fork. A rubber spatula can also be helpful for scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Can I use a different type of flour, like whole wheat flour or almond flour?
Yes, you can experiment with different types of flour, but keep in mind that they will have different textures and flavors. Whole wheat flour may make the cake denser and nuttier, while almond flour may make it lighter and nuttier. You may need to adjust the liquid and sugar amounts to get the desired texture and sweetness.
Can I substitute butter with oil or margarine?
Yes, you can use oil or margarine instead of butter, but keep in mind that they will have different flavors and textures. Oil may make the cake moister and lighter, while margarine may make it denser and creamier. You may need to adjust the amounts and type of fat used to get the desired texture and flavor.
Can I add other ingredients, like chocolate chips or fruit, to the batter?
Yes, you can add other ingredients to the batter, but keep in mind that they may affect the texture and baking time. Chocolate chips may make the cake denser and sweeter, while fruit may make it juicier and tangier. You may need to adjust the baking time and temperature to accommodate for the added ingredients.
Can I frost or decorate the cake?
Yes, you can frost or decorate the cake as desired, but keep in mind that it may affect the flavor and appearance. You can use frosting, whipped cream, glaze, or fruit toppings to enhance the cake’s flavor and appearance. You can also use sprinkles, fruit, or candy to decorate the cake creatively.